Hair S.O.S (Save Our Strands)
’Tis the season for beach days, pool parties and splash parks. So it’s time to switch to products that protect, detox and repair our hair from the harsh delights of summer fun. We have pulled together some top-tips on how to save your strands while beating the heat.
1. Wet your hair before plunging into the pool. If it’s already saturated, it will be less likely to soak up chlorine. For added protection apply a leave-in conditioner such as The Conditioner on your midsections and ends! To remove traces of chlorine post-pool, use a deep cleanser such as Shampoo Three.
2. Avoid wearing a hair tie near your scalp in the water (i.e. ponytails and top knots). It will tangle and make your delicate strands susceptible to breakage. If you can’t stand taking the plunge without your hair tied up, simply pull your hair into low braids and loosely tie the ends. This will make it 100% easier to comb out at the end of the day.
3. Apply a leave-in conditioner. As soon as you’re done swimming, shampoo and condition your hair and finish with a leave-in conditioner like Forever Blonde Dramatic Repair. It will help soften hair so you can detangle your locks with a wide-tooth comb, starting from the bottom up. Finally, gently pat your hair dry with a towel. Remember that tresses are most fragile when they’re wet!
4. Skip the hairdryer. Let your hair air-dry, then smooth only the fly-aways with a styling iron. This will cut your heat time in half and help to keep your hair happy.
5. Care for your hair before and after any damage is done. Shampoo Three is a great deep cleanser to keep blondes from going turning green. Use it every other week to remove chlorine, iron and minerals if you have blonde, grey or white hair.
Keep your hair happy this summer with our top-tips!